Friday, August 04, 2017

Always remember you are beautiful - by Cheetarah

Hi everyone! It's Cheetarah here and I've got a little mixed media piece I wanted to share with you today.


The really fun Whimsical Jester stamp and You are Beautiful phrase are my focal points. I have used some pigment powders, modeling paste, gelli printed deli papers and home made stencil for this piece. A full list of the stamps and materials used are listed below. I also have recorded the process video for this which you can see here on our Time2Stamp channel: 

 
So what I didn't film was the piece it started on. It was a huge cardboard piece which was mixed with collage elements and left over stamped images which I then toned down with gesso and cut up into smaller pieces to work on. On this piece I also used the papers the VLVS! unmounted rubber comes with, like the Birds on the wire. In the end I didn't use that stamp, but the paper element of it was there. I quite like how this piece turned out :) 

Here are some more close up's:



Stamps used: 

Others:
Staz-On jet black, midnight blue, vibrant violet, black cherry, royal purple 
Color Bursts mustard, merlot, indigo 
Lindy'magical shaker oompah loompah pink 
Liquitex modeling paste and INKS! in white and gold
Art medium glue 
Tissue papers 
Random collage papers and gelli printed deli papers 
Tim Holtz Sizzix mixed media die cut for my stencil 
Black pearl rub on
Black soot distress crayon. 

Hope you enjoyed this :) Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome weekend!



No comments: