Thursday, November 30, 2017

Art Journal Page with Jenn Engle


Hey everyone! Today I have a fun collage-y style art journal page to share. I love to layer up my stamps in backgrounds and foregrounds. It really stretches how you use your stamps when you think of using them in multiple ways!
STAMPS USED:

I started out by applying some patterned tissue paper to just the middle section of my page and then using gesso to try to camouflage the edges.


Next, I applied some Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and magicals for background color. I did a little background stamping with just a portion of Nature Collage to get a little interest.


Lastly, I worked on my focal collage. I started with some sheet music paper and some washi tape. Then, I stamped Banksy Child Fishing in Paper Boat with brown ink. I added a butterfly and a quote on top. I also scuffed a little gesso around the butterfly to grunge him up a bit.

As a final touch, I added some rub-ons that look like paint splotches and some scribbles all over the page with a regular pencil.

To see exactly how I made this page, you can check out the video tutorial.



STAMPS USED:
OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
Tim Holtz Postale Tissue Paper
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray
Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals
Sheet Music
Glitter Washi Tape
Gesso
Jane Davenport Rub-Ons
Archival Ink
Butterfly Image from computer
No. 2 Pencil

Thanks so much for looking!
~Jenn


1 comment:

by belle said...

Love how you used the paper boat stamp Jenn!